- What is Breast Augmentation?
- Are you the Right Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- What Type of Breast Augmentation is Right for You?
- -Saline implants
- -Silicone implants
- -Cohesive gel (“Gummy bear”) implants
- Scheduling a Consultation with Dr. Michael Omidi
- Before & After
- What to Expect During Surgery
- The Cost and Financing Options
Dr. Michael Omidi is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving patients in the Greater Los Angeles area, Beverly Hills, Apple Valley, and the Inland Empire. A top expert in breast augmentation, he maintains certification in both plastic surgery and breast surgery (General Surgery – American Board of Surgery).
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation and implant surgery is one of the most commonly performed procedures for patients desiring more fullness in the top portions of the chest area. It can provide a more balanced figure, fill out deflated breasts after breastfeeding, correct asymmetries, and allow patients to wear clothing of their choice.
Are you the Right Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is of the most requested procedures in plastic surgery. It may be done in conjunction with a tummy tuck (mommy makeover).
Not all female patients share the same reasons for desiring this procedure. You may be an excellent breast augmentation if:
- You are seeking a more balanced figure
- Breasts have lost volume or fullness with age, pregnancy after breast feeding or childbirth
- You have trouble wearing clothes of your choice
- You seek correction of asymmetry (usually in conjunction with a breast lift or mastopexy)
- Reconstruction after breast cancer
What Type of Breast Augmentation is Right for You?
Dr. Michael Omidi will set aside time during your consultation to assess your breast augmentation goals. Depending on your body type and expectations, he will recommend one of the following breast implants:
- Filled with a sterile saltwater
- Offer a firmer feel
- Require smaller incisions
- Less expensive than other types of implants
- Filled with silicone gel
- Offer a more natural feel comparable to real breast tissue
- Low risk of rupture
(“Gummy bear”) implants
- Filled with thicker silicone gel
- Create a natural breast appearance in both shape and feel
- Stay in place without shifting
Scheduling a Consultation with Dr. Michael Omidi
Realizing your breast augmentation dreams begins with scheduling a consultation. During the consultation, Dr. Michael Omidi will carefully assess your needs and discuss your expectations for this procedure. He will make sure that your expectations are realistic and discuss any prior medical conditions or drug allergies.
Dr. Michael Omidi will instruct you to refrain from smoking prior to breast augmentation. You should also avoid medications that may increase the risk of bleeding during surgery or complicate the recovery process.
Before & After
What to Expect During Surgery
On average, breast augmentation lasts only one to 1.5 hours. A renowned expert in minimally-invasive procedures, Dr. Michael Omidi strives to keep scars as inconspicuous as possible. He follows the minimal incision technique that consists of the following steps:
- Anesthesia: Experienced anesthesiologist or CRNAs will use anesthesia for your safety.
- The incision: Dr. Michael Omidi will take care to make the smallest incision possible and give you the best closure.
- Choosing the approach: Dr. Michael Omidi provides every technique such as the transaxillary (armpit), trans-umbilical (belly button), from the nipple or under the breast.
- Implant Position: Placing implants under the muscle has many advantages. Dr. Michael Omidi will discuss if this is the best option for you.
- Minimizing complications: Dr. Michael Omidi uses the no-touch technique along with the Keller Funnel to maximize sterility and results.
- Closure: Dr. Michael Omidi will use a special closure technique with very fine sutures in multiple layers. The incision lines will fade and improve over time as you heal.
You may return to work or school in 3 to 7 days after the procedure. During the first week after surgery, your breasts will be supported by bandages or surgical bra, Refrain from strenuous exercise and get plenty of rest during this period. Dr. Michael Omidi and his staff will follow up after the procedure to ensure that you are going through a smooth recovery process. If necessary, they will prescribe medications to relieve any mild discomfort.
The Cost and Financing Options
The cost for breast augmentation may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors. We guarantee that our pricing will always be competitive with that of other local providers furnishing equivalent services.
We provide excellent financing options, and discounts for multiple procedures are available. If you are ready to change your life and transform your appearance, schedule a consultation online or call us at 310-281-0155 for more details about procedures and pricing.