Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that can help restore volume to the skin. They can be used on their own for subtle, non-surgical enhancement, or they can be used in conjunction with a surgical procedure such as a facelift for more comprehensive results.
If you are interested in a dermal filler treatment, call Dr. Michael Omidi at 310-281-0155 to schedule your initial consultation. He will examine you, listen to your goals and concerns, and help find the best treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and needs.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Dr. Omidi offers a variety of dermal fillers at his offices in Beverly Hills, Encino, Pomona, and Apple Valley. These include:
- Juvederm and Restylane: The Juvederm and Restylane dermal filler families are made of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance that helps keep skin hydrated and elastic. These fillers provide instant results and require little to no downtime.
- Radiesse: Radiesse utilizes calcium microsphere technology to help stimulate natural collagen growth in the skin. It is FDA approved for use in the face, chest, and hands to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and plump skin that has started to lose volume.
- Sculptra: Originally developed to help counter facial wasting in HIV-positive patients, Sculptra is now used as a cosmetic treatment to help reduce age-related volume loss. It has recently become popular as a non-surgical butt lift. Sculptra is highly effective in creating a more rounded, shapely backside in women and men who want gradual enhancement without surgery.
- Fat transfer: Fat transfer is not strictly non-surgical, as it requires fat to be harvested from another part of your body. However, it is a long-lasting and effective way to add volume to the face, buttocks, or breasts.
"Dr. Omidi is real gentle with his procedure. He gives you a natural look. I get compliments from friends, my lipstick looks better and stands out. The staff has always been very friendly and easy to ask questions."
What Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
Dermal fillers can be used in a number of ways, depending on your individual circumstances. Some of the most popular uses for dermal fillers include:
- Lip augmentation
- Cheek and chin augmentation
- Nasolabial fold reduction
- Filling of hollows in the cheeks or temples
- Reduction of under eye circles
- Smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of acne scars
- Butt or breast augmentation
Dermal filler treatments are popular as a supplement to facial plastic surgery. While a facelift will effectively reduce the appearance of jowls and create a clean jawline, it won't add volume to sunken cheeks or temples and it won't reduce your under eye circles. However, a few quick dermal filler injections following your facelift can add subtle enhancements that you wouldn't get with the facelift alone.
In addition, Sculptra butt lifts and breast augmentation using fat transfer are becoming more popular as less-invasive alternatives to traditional butt or breast implants. Ask Dr. Omidi whether or not you are a candidate for these procedures during your consultation.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dermal Filler Treatment?
Almost anyone can be a good candidate for dermal fillers. If you are not quite ready for a surgical procedure but still want to look refreshed and rejuvenated, a combination of injectable fillers may be the solution.
Since fillers are non-surgical, many of the restrictions placed on plastic surgery candidates do not apply. You can still have a dermal filler treatment even if you are a smoker or obese. Most medical conditions also do not interfere with dermal filler candidacy, although it is important that you let Dr. Omidi know of any chronic medical conditions you may have.
Ideal candidates for dermal fillers:
- Are aware of the potential risks and complications
- Have realistic expectations
- Understand that results are not permanent
Dr. Omidi will discuss your concerns during your consultation and let you know if you are a candidate for dermal fillers alone, or if you would benefit more from surgery or a combination of surgery and fillers. He will never pressure you into a procedure you don't want, but he will be honest about what type of procedure will best achieve your goals.
Schedule Your Dermal Filler Consultation
If you are interested in dermal fillers, don't hesitate to schedule your consultation with Dr. Omidi by calling 310-281-0155 today. We serve patients in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Pomona, and Apple Valley.