As we become older, our neck muscles and skin become loose, causing a sagging appearance. A neck lift addresses this issue and delivers rejuvenating results by eliminating excess skin, improving the jawline contour, and tightening neck muscles.
Are You the Right Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for a neck lift if you:
- Have sagging skin around your neck
- Want to define your jawline contour
- Wish to tighten your loose neck muscles
- Need to treat a double chin
- Seek a rejuvenated appearance
- Have realistic expectations for the procedure
A neck lift typically forms part of a full facelift procedure but can also be performed alone. Some patients may seek to enhance the appearance of drooping, wrinkled, or sagging necks but not feel comfortable with a full facelift. In such case, a neck lift will effectively reverse the signs of aging by tightening the skin and enhancing your jawline contour.
Scheduling a consultation is a crucial first step in achieving your neck lift goals. Call 310-281-0155 to set up an appointment with Dr. Michael Omidi.
Getting Ready for a Neck Lift
Dr. Omidi will instruct you to stop smoking and avoid medications that may contribute to increased bleeding during a neck lift. The day before surgery, you should take care not to drink or eat anything after midnight. On the morning of surgery, take a prescribed nausea medication with a small sip of water and avoid wearing makeup or perfume.
"Dr. Omidi and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was happy with the results. Initially I had second thoughts about the results but Dr. Omidi took corrective measures and now I am very happy with the results. I have found that Dr. Omidi and his staff really care if you are happy with the outcome of your procedure and will do whatever is needed to correct any problems. If I ever decide to do any other cosmetic surgeries I would come back to Dr. Omidi"
How Is a Neck Lift Performed?
Typically, a neck lift requires only one treatment, which lasts 2 to 4 hours. Keep in mind that sufficient hydration before and after the procedure is essential to successful surgery and smooth recovery.
Dr. Omidi takes the following basic steps while performing a neck lift:
- Experienced anesthesiologist or CRNA will use general anesthesia for your safety.
- Dr. Omidi will make incisions around the ears as well as tiny incisions under the chin. Following his minimally-invasive approach to plastic surgery, he will strive to make as few incisions as possible to minimize scarring.
- He will then eliminate loose skin to create a more youthful contour.
- Dr. Omidi will also tighten underlying muscles to create a toned jawline definition.
- In the end, he will close the incision with sutures. The careful placement of incisions ensures that scars are hidden behind the ears.
- On the day of the procedure, you should make arrangements for someone to drive you home after surgery.
- Most patients experience some degree of bruising and swelling immediately after a neck lift. Swelling will peak during the first 36 to 48 hours after the procedure and gradually resolve over the following 2 weeks.
- You may reduce swelling by applying cold compresses and keeping your head elevated while lying down.
- In some cases, it may take up to 6 to 8 months for swelling to completely subside while your neck lift results continue to improve during this period.
- Most patients may return to work within a couple of weeks. However, you should avoid vigorous physical exercise for at least 2-3 weeks after surgery.
- Dr. Omidi and his staff are committed to treating patients with the highest consideration and care. They will follow up after the procedure to ensure that you are following a smooth recovery process.
- If necessary, Dr. Omidi will prescribe safe oral medication to manage any mild discomfort that you may experience immediately after surgery.