Why Choose Rhinoplasty?
In Beverly Hills, where Dr. Michael Omidi frequently treats his patients, rhinoplasty has become so common that you often see people walking around in broad daylight with bandages on their noses. This should come as no surprise in a neighborhood where plastic surgery is so widespread. But no matter where you live, why should you feel uncomfortable with a prominent bump on your nose or overly wide nostrils, when you can have them corrected simply and easily?
Are You the Right Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Dr. Michael Omidi’s patients often express interest in rhinoplasty because they are unhappy with how their noses has aged. Other patients admit to always feeling self-conscious about the nose they were born with. During the consultation, Dr. Omidi will carefully go over your options and let you decide whether you want to perform rhinoplasty alone or combine it with a chin implant for more spectacular results. Oftentimes, even slight changes to the shape of the nose can produce a dramatic effect on appearance, improve your breathing, and fill you with self-confidence.
-Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- A boost in self-confidence
- Correction of birth defects
- Enhanced facial symmetry
- Treatment of breathing problems
- Reduction of snoring
- More youthful appearance
- Repairing injured or broken noses
- A boost to your career success
- Revision of prior nasal surgery
Scheduling a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation is a crucial first step in making your rhinoplasty dreams come true.
- A consultation allows Dr. Michael Omidi to carefully assess your needs and discuss your desired results.
- Dr. Michael Omidi will spend as much time as necessary to evaluate your needs and determine which treatment options are best for you.
- He will make sure that you have realistic expectations for rhinoplasty results.
Getting Ready for Rhinoplasty
Dr. Michael Omidi will instruct you to stop smoking and avoid medications that contribute to increased bleeding during a tummy tuck procedure,
The day before surgery, you should take care not to drink or eat anything after midnight. On the morning of surgery, take a prescribed nausea medication with a small sip of water and avoid wearing makeup or perfume.
Before & After Gallery
Open Rhinoplasty vs. Closed Rhinoplasty
During your consultation, Dr Michael Omidi will determine whether you’d benefit from an open or closed rhinoplasty. Most of the time, ethnic rhinoplasty will be performed as an open procedure, which guarantees a greater precision and control of the underlying nasal structures.
- A closed rhinoplasty involves incisions made inside the nose only.
- An open rhinoplasty calls for an incision under the nasal tip, between the nostrils, and lifting the skin to operate on the underlying nasal structure.
How is Rhinoplasty Performed?
Rhinoplasty requires only one surgical procedure lasting from two to three hours with the results proven to bring you satisfaction for the rest of your life. The duration of your procedure will depend on whether you choose to elect open or closed rhinoplasty.
- Experienced anesthesiologist or CRNA will use general anesthesia for your safety.
- Dr. Michael Omidi will make incisions to access the inner structure of your nose.
- He may remove or add nasal bones and cartilage to reduce or increase the size of your nose.
- He may remodel the tip of your nose using tip grafts made of cartilage.
- Dr. Michael Omidi may also use fat grafts or tissue fillers to add volume to desired areas.
Rhinoplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure. In other words, you will be able to return home on the day of surgery.
- You should plan on staying in bed with your head elevated during the first day following the procedure.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising may appear immediately after the procedure and is considered normal.
- You may expect to resume your normal activities within one week.
- You should continue to avoid any contact sports or strenuous activities for at least 3 weeks after surgery.
- During this period, Dr. Omidi and his staff will follow up to ensure that you are going through a smooth recovery.
- If necessary, Dr. Omidi will prescribe medications to relieve any potential discomfort.
- Most bruising will resolve in approximately six weeks. However, some swelling may persist even after this period and take up to a year to resolve completely
- As swelling subsides, your results will continue to improve. Once your new nose settles, you can expect it to bring you confidence and satisfaction for many years to come.
–What is Ethnic Rhinoplasty?
While all patients who desire rhinoplasty share a common goal of altering the appearance or function of their nose, their expectations often depend on cultural heritage or ethnic background. When we say that “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” we often mean that there is no single standard of beauty in the world. Indeed, what we perceive as beautiful varies from one culture to another.
Taking this insight into account, Dr. Michael Omidi understands that rhinoplasty not only serves to bring out your beauty, but also emphasize your ethnic identity. In seeking to realize your desired results, he will not mold your nose according to one set standard that fits all. Instead he will give you a uniquely beautiful nose that looks like you … only better.
-Why Choose Ethnic Rhinoplasty?
With ethnic rhinoplasty being on the rise, many patients no longer request “westernized” noses but seek results that reflect their ethnic origins. Because ethnic rhinoplasty seeks to improve the appearance and function of your nose while taking your cultural background into consideration, it often involves very small changes that will make a major difference in the way you look and feel.
Dr. Michael Omidi will make sure that your ideal nose contributes to the balance and harmony of your facial features so that you may look more alluring but not unrecognizable. Oftentimes plastic surgery is most effective when it follows the golden rule: “the less is more.” You want to keep your friends and relatives guessing about subtle transformations that enhance your beauty without changing yourself beyond recognition.
-How is it Different from a Traditional Rhinoplasty?
An experienced rhinoplasty specialist, Dr. Michael Omidi understands multiple challenges particular to ethnic rhinoplasty. For example, darker skin can be thicker and more vulnerable to pigment abnormalities than fair skin. In addition, when correcting the width of a nose or the nasal tip, Dr. Omidi will consider that African-American patients are more likely to have shorter nasal bones together with a wide nose base. On the other hand, Asian patients are more likely to have a low and flat nasal bridge with a bulbous tip. Whenever performing ethnic rhinoplasty, Dr. Omidi strives to preserve these unique characteristics determined by your genetic heritage, while attending to your specific desires to give you the ideal nose you always dreamt of.
-What is Revision Rhinoplasty?
Revision rhinoplasty is a nasal surgery that repairs undesired results or complications from a previous nose job. In recent years, it has become one of the most popular procedures. This growing demand has to do with the fact that rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult plastic surgeries to perform. Fortunately, Dr. Michael Omidi has an excellent track record of leaving his revision rhinoplasty patients extremely satisfied with spectacular results.
-Why Choose Revision Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a complex surgery that requires a great deal of precision. As such, it is best reserved for experienced and highly skilled plastic surgeons. Over the years of performing this procedure, Dr. Michael Omidi has delivered a great number of rhinoplasty revisions to serve the patients who had underwent dissatisfactory surgeries elsewhere.
-How is it Different from a Traditional Rhinoplasty?
Revision rhinoplasty typically involves corrections of the septum (the nasal structure that separates the right and left airwaves in your nose) and the turbinates (bony structures on the sides of each nasal passage). In the course of the procedure, cartilage is grafted from the nasal septum to repair the defects that pose cosmetic problems or cause breathing difficulties. Following revision rhinoplasty, most patients report not only improved appearance, but also ability to breathe better.
Revision rhinoplasty is considered to be even more complex than initial rhinoplasty. Dr. Michael Omidi has an extensive experience correcting both form and function of a nose following an unsatisfactory or damaging nasal surgery.
The Cost and Financing Options
The cost for this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors; however, we guarantee that our pricing will always be competitive with that of other providers furnishing equivalent services.
We provide excellent financing options and discounts for multiple procedures are available. If you are ready to change your life and get the ideal nose you always wanted, schedule a consultation online or call us at 310-281-0155 for more details about procedures and pricing.