Why Choose Rhinoplasty?
In Beverly Hills, where Dr. Michael Omidi frequently treats his patients, rhinoplasty has become so common that you often see people walking around in broad daylight with bandages on their noses. This should come as no surprise in a neighbourhood where plastic surgery is so widespread. But no matter where you live, why should you feel uncomfortable with a prominent bump on your nose or overly wide nostrils, when you can have them corrected simply and easily?
Are You the Right Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Dr. Michael Omidi’s patients often express interest in rhinoplasty because they are unhappy with how their noses has aged. Other patients admit to always feeling self-conscious about the nose they were born with. During the consultation, Dr. Omidi will carefully go over your options and let you decide whether you want to perform rhinoplasty alone or combine it with a chin implant for more spectacular results. Oftentimes, even slight changes to the shape of the nose can produce a dramatic effect on appearance, improve your breathing, and fill you with self-confidence.
Looking for a Free Consultation or Advice ? Fill out the form below:
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- A boost in self-confidence
- Correction of birth defects
- Enhanced facial symmetry
- Treatment of breathing problems
- Reduction of snoring
- More youthful appearance
- Repairing injured or broken noses
- A boost to your career success
- Revision of prior nasal surgery
Scheduling a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation is a crucial first step in making your rhinoplasty dreams come true.
- A consultation allows Dr. Michael Omidi to carefully assess your needs and discuss your desired results.
- Dr. Michael Omidi will spend as much time as necessary to evaluate your needs and determine which treatment options are best for you.
- He will make sure that you have realistic expectations for rhinoplasty results
Getting Ready for Rhinoplasty
Dr. Michael Omidi will instruct you to stop smoking and avoid medications that contribute to increased bleeding during a rhinoplasty procedure, The day before surgery, you should take care not to drink or eat anything after midnight. On the morning of surgery, take a prescribed nausea medication with a small sip of water and avoid wearing makeup or perfume.
Open Rhinoplasty vs. Closed Rhinoplasty
During your consultation, Dr. Michael Omidi will determine whether you’d benefit from an open or closed rhinoplasty. Most of the time, ethnic rhinoplasty will be performed as an open procedure, which guarantees a greater precision and control of the underlying nasal structures.
- A closed rhinoplasty involves incisions made inside the nose only.
- An open rhinoplasty calls for an incision under the nasal tip, between the nostrils, and lifting the skin to operate on the underlying nasal structure.
How is Rhinoplasty Performed?
Rhinoplasty requires only one surgical procedure lasting from two to three hours with the results proven to bring you satisfaction for the rest of your life. The duration of your procedure will depend on whether you choose to elect open or closed rhinoplasty.
- An experienced anesthesiologist or CRNA will use general anesthesia for your safety.
- Dr. Michael Omidi will make incisions to access the inner structure of your nose.
- He may remove or add nasal bones and cartilage to reduce or increase the size of your nose.
- He may remodel the tip of your nose using tip grafts made of cartilage.
- Dr. Michael Omidi may also use fat grafts or tissue fillers to add volume to desired areas.
Rhinoplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure. In other words, you will be able to return home on the day of surgery.
- You should plan on staying in bed with your head elevated during the first day following the procedure.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising may appear immediately after the procedure and is considered normal.
- You may expect to resume your normal activities within one week.
- You should continue to avoid any contact sports or strenuous activities for at least 3 weeks after surgery.
- During this period, Dr. Omidi and his staff will follow up to ensure that you are going through a smooth recovery.
- If necessary, Dr. Omidi will prescribe medications to relieve any potential discomfort.
- Most bruising will resolve in approximately six weeks. However, some swelling may persist even after this period and take up to a year to resolve completely
- As swelling subsides, your results will continue to improve. Once your new nose settles, you can expect it to bring you confidence and satisfaction for many years to come.
What is Ethnic Rhinoplasty?
While all patients who desire rhinoplasty share a common goal of altering the appearance or function of their nose, their expectations often depend on cultural heritage or ethnic background. When we say that “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” we often mean that there is no single standard of beauty in the world. Indeed, what we perceive as beautiful varies from one culture to another. Taking this insight into account, Dr. Michael Omidi understands that rhinoplasty not only serves to bring out your beauty but also emphasize your ethnic identity. In seeking to realize your desired results, he will not mold your nose according to one set standard that fits all. Instead, he will give you a uniquely beautiful nose that looks like you … only better.
Why Choose Ethnic Rhinoplasty?
With ethnic rhinoplasty being on the rise, many patients no longer request “westernized” noses but seek results that reflect their ethnic origins. Because ethnic rhinoplasty seeks to improve the appearance and function of your nose while taking your cultural background into consideration, it often involves very small changes that will make a major difference in the way you look and feel. Dr. Michael Omidi will make sure that your ideal nose contributes to the balance and harmony of your facial features so that you may look more alluring but not unrecognizable. Oftentimes plastic surgery is most effective when it follows the golden rule: “the less is more.” You want to keep your friends and relatives guessing about subtle transformations that enhance your beauty without changing yourself beyond recognition.
How is it Different from a Traditional Rhinoplasty?
An experienced rhinoplasty specialist, Dr. Michael Omidi understands multiple challenges particular to ethnic rhinoplasty. For example, darker skin can be thicker and more vulnerable to pigment abnormalities than fair skin. In addition, when correcting the width of a nose or the nasal tip, Dr. Omidi will consider that African-American patients are more likely to have shorter nasal bones together with a wide nose base. On the other hand, Asian patients are more likely to have a low and flat nasal bridge with a bulbous tip. Whenever performing ethnic rhinoplasty, Dr. Omidi strives to preserve these unique characteristics determined by your genetic heritage, while attending to your specific desires to give you the ideal nose you always dreamt of.
What Our Clients had to say?
My nose looks amazing and my breathing has improved drastically.
I can’t even begin to explain how comfortable Dr. Omidi made me feel, explaining all steps and answering all my questions.
I had barely any pain or bruising and absolutely no scars.